domingo, 29 de marzo de 2009

·"Elvis Presley" (The original LP & singles) - 1956

On January 10, Presley made his first recordings for RCA in Nashville, Tennessee. The session produced "Heartbreak Hotel/I Was The One" which was released on January 27. The public reaction to "Heartbreak Hotel" prompted RCA to release it as a single in its own right (February 11). By April it had hit number one in the U.S. charts, selling in excess of one million copies.To increase the singer's exposure, Parker finally brought Presley to national television (In March 1955, Presley had failed an audition for Arthur Godfrey's Talent Scouts). He booked six appearances on CBS-TV's Stage Show in New York, beginning January 28, 1956. Presley was introduced on the first by Cleveland DJ Bill Randle. He stayed in town and on January 30, he and the band headed for the RCA's New York Studio. The sessions yielded eight songs, including "My Baby Left Me" and "Blue Suede Shoes". The latter was the only hit single from the collection, but the recordings marked the point at which Presley started moving away from the raw, pure Sun sound to the more commercial and mainstream sound RCA had envisioned for him. On March 23, RCA Victor released Elvis Presley, his first album. Like the Sun recordings, the majority of the tracks were country songs. The album went on to top the pop album chart for 10 weeks.

Photobucket



http://www.mediafire.com/?zmwne0ntmny

01- Blue Suede Shoes
02- I'm Counting On You
03- I Got A Woman
04- One Sided Love Affair
05- I Love You Because
06- Just Because
07- Tutti Frutti
08- Tryin' To Get To You
09- I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Cry (Over You)
10- I'll Never Let You Go (Little Darlin')
11- Blue Moon
12- Money Honey

Bonus Tracks:

13- Heartbreak Hotel
14- I Was The One
15- Lawdy Miss Clawdy
16- Shake, Rattle and Roll
17- My Baby Left Me
18- I Want You, I Need You, I Love You

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario